Contesting a Will



Friends and relatives of a deceased are sometimes disappointed by the content of a will. They can include spouses, former spouses, civil partners, children and de facto spouses and members of the deceased’s family who were maintained by the deceased.

People who have been left out of a will or believe they are entitled to a larger share can apply to a court under certain circumstances for the will to be declared invalid or for provision from the estate. The first question will usually be whether a will is valid and complies with the legal requirements. If it is valid, a claim for provision from the estate may be possible under the Inheritance Act (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975.

This book provides a guide to the grounds on which a will may be contested, with examples of real cases.

SKU: 3 Categories: , Tag: